Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from the pages of Light & Tasty magazine, this is a great alternative to the higher fat versions of ranch dressing. Nice on a dinner salad or as a veggie dip.
- 2⁄3 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Really enjoyed this one. Very healthy alternative to getting something from a bottle. In addition I used the mayo recipe from http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-mayo-328082
Excellent dressing. I added chives only because I had them in the garden but otherwise the recipe is good to follow as posted.
This is a wonderful dressing/dip! The only change I made was added in a small white onion, finely chopped. We loved it! Served it with Caroline Cook's Baked Crisp-Coated Mushrooms. Thank you, jonesies, for sharing this wonderful recipe.. Definitely will be making it again!