Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a great recipe for ameat with gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes, and greens, so delicious!!
- 2 lbs boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 small white onions
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- In slow-cooking pot, alternate beef and onions; stick cloves into 4 onions. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. Combine gravy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, thyme, and water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until tender. Turn control to high. Dissolve flour in small amount of water. Stir into meat juices. Cook on high for 15-20 minutes.