Recipe by Just Cher
This recipe comes from memories of my husband of his mothers "chili beans" Of course I changed it a bit and the title cause we all Know there are no beans in "chili"
Top Review by nesbitt929
These are great but I decided to make some changes and it worked for us.They turned out like the canned ranch style beans.I added 2 tsps.cumin,1 smoked ham hock,and a can of enchilada sauce.I think the enchilada sauce did it.Great with cornbread.Thanks,cher
- 453.59 g dry pinto beans
- 1892.72 ml water (I use 4 cups of beef stock 4 cups water)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 283.49 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a dutch oven: add water 2 inches above beans.
- Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from heat and let stand 1 hour Drain Bring beans and 8 cups water to a boil in dutch oven Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour until beans are tender Add onion, and the next 7 ingredients simmer 30 minutes Add tomatoes simmer 30 minutes and serve.