Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from memories of my husband of his mothers "chili beans" Of course I changed it a bit and the title cause we all Know there are no beans in "chili"
- 1 lb dry pinto beans
- 8 cups water (I use 4 cups of beef stock 4 cups water)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- Place beans in a dutch oven: add water 2 inches above beans.
- Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from heat and let stand 1 hour Drain Bring beans and 8 cups water to a boil in dutch oven Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour until beans are tender Add onion, and the next 7 ingredients simmer 30 minutes Add tomatoes simmer 30 minutes and serve.