Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my husband's favorite dishes especially good for picnics and cookouts.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1 lb pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix ground beef and rest of ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
My family loved these quick, easy, and flavorful beans. I made this recipe as written except that I used 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef and 1/2 lb. diced bacon instead of the 2 lbs. ground beef. Also, my envelope of onion soup mix was a 1 oz. size and not 2 oz. I browned the bacon with the ground beef, drained the mixture and added the rest of the ingredients. I baked this in a 9x13" baking dish for 45 minutes and it turned out perfect. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. *Made for 2009 Spring PAC*
Very yummy, I added some cooked bacon (one whole package actually) and some salsa instead of the ketchup. Even the pickiest guests enjoyed this recipe!