Recipe by SilentCricket
My sister-in-law served these beans at a family gathering and I couldn't resist getting the recipe. They are yummy...I like to serve them with ham, or just by themselves with a salad and crusty bread...
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1 (1 lb) can kidney bean, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Note: To avoid using butter or other shortening, use a non-stick pan.
- You may use other ground meats as well.
- Recipe may be halved.