1/1 Photo of Ranch Stew Aka Cowboy Stew
Texas Aggie Mom's Note:
This is one of my family favorites that I have made for years. It is super easy to throw together and contains ingredients that I always have on hand. When I make this I have to double the recipe because it tastes even better the next day! Ranch Style beans are a western style pinto bean made with a flavorful sauce. They add a lot of the flavor to this recipe so try not to substitute them if possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (optional)
- 1Brown the meat with the onion, green pepper and garlic. Do not drain.
- 2Add undrained vegetables and and seasoning.
- 3Simmer a minimum of 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Stew Aka Cowboy Stew
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 30.6 g