Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a really good fast, kinda, recipe that instead of using a roast, you use thinly cut steaks as the meat. My husband and I just wash the potatoes and then just put them directly into the crock pot, so we leave out the water without drying them. I hope you will try this and let me know what you think.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ranch steak, sliced thin (carne asada meat works well)
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 sweet onion, sliced in rings
- 20 small red potatoes, whole
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Put all in crock pot, making sure that meat gets covered in the ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours on low.
Yummy! Very bold flavor. I used large red potatoes and quartered them. Didn't use carrots, but had a side of green beans with almonds instead. If you like rich tasting food, try this!