Recipe by seesko
One I can't wait to try from the most recent issue of cooking light magazine.
Top Review by swissms
This is a very impressive looking salad...great plate presentation. I recommend doubling the tomato-onion mixture as I used more than 2 tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each serving. Thank you for this tasty entree salad recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 88.74 ml ranch dressing
- 22.18 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml ground coffee
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 4 (453.59 g) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 59.14 ml chopped shallot
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- 59.14 ml chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1419.54 ml loosely packed arugula
- 12 slice French bread, toasted (1-ounce slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salad dressing, combine ranch dressing and horseradish in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- To prepare steaks, combine black pepper, ground coffee, ground cumin, and ancho chile powder. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper mixture, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 7 minutes.
- Combine shallots, fresh basil, bell peppers, juice, and tomatoes in a small bowl; toss well.
- Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 6 serving plates, and top each serving with 2 toast slices. Cut each steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Divide steak slices evenly among the toast slices; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons tomato mixture. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information.