Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One I can't wait to try from the most recent issue of cooking light magazine.
Make and share this Ranch Steak Bruschetta Salad (Cooking Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- 12 slices French bread, toasted (1-ounce slices)
- To prepare salad dressing, combine ranch dressing and horseradish in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- To prepare steaks, combine black pepper, ground coffee, ground cumin, and ancho chile powder. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper mixture, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 7 minutes.
- Combine shallots, fresh basil, bell peppers, juice, and tomatoes in a small bowl; toss well.
- Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 6 serving plates, and top each serving with 2 toast slices. Cut each steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Divide steak slices evenly among the toast slices; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons tomato mixture. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information.
This is a very impressive looking salad...great plate presentation. I recommend doubling the tomato-onion mixture as I used more than 2 tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each serving. Thank you for this tasty entree salad recipe. Made for PRMR.