Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted NurseDi's Spinach and Cheese Puffs to my tastes. My guests absolutely loved them and wanted the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing (I used fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 teaspoon red chili powder (indian chile powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
- Put chopped onion, frozen spinach, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put lid on, reduce heat, and simmer approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly; no water should remian.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, parm cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, butter, garlic paste, chile powder, worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- Add spinach mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add corn muffin mix, and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take out of the refrigerator, and roll into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and serve!
I just made these and froze them. Like in NurseDi's someone else had a problem with them spreading out like cookies. Even though I breaded them, they spread out a little bit. I think this needs a little less moisture and more dry. Maybe try ranch mix instead of the dressing. I might make these again but make quite a few changes.