Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
"Ready, Set, Cook!" Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a tasty twist on a Greek Spinach Pie.
- 4 lbs frozen spinach or 4 lbs fresh spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- olive oil, for brushing dough
- If using frozen spinach, place thawed product in a collander and press out liquid.
- If using fresh spinach, trim any large stems and wash leaves in cold water; cook spinach, covered, over medium heat until wilted (water clinging to leaves is sufficient for wilting), then place in collander and press out moisture.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in lemon juice, yogurt, ranch seasoning, mozzarella, Parmesan, and feta.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; brush 9x13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Place about 7 sheets of phyllo dough in the bottom of the pan, brushing lightly with oil every other one, or so.
- Spread half the spinach mixture in pan; place 7 more sheets of phyllo, brushing with oil as before.
- Spread remaining spinach mixture, then phyllo, again brushing with oil every other sheet.
- If desired, use a fork to score the top crust where you will be cutting the pie, to make cutting easier and neater.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes to an hour.