Recipe by appleydapply
Yummy variation on party mix. For garlic and dill lovers. You can substitute Chex corn or rice cereal for the Crispix - I decide between Chex and Crispix based on what's on sale. NOTE: Based on feedback received, in Jan. 09 I reduced the amount of garlic powder to 1/2 tsp. It is still plenty of garlic flavor but not as overpowering. :)
Top Review by muddydog
Super easy & quick snack mix. Be sure to use Ranch DIP mix & not Ranch salad dressing mix. I tried it with the salad dressing mix the first time and it had a weird "off" flavor. The Hidden Valley Ranch DIP packets I found were 1 oz, not 5/8 oz. So I measured out 5/8 oz and used that. It was plenty strong enough, I think to use the whole packet would be overwhelming. I do like the addition of lemon pepper, it gives a little added zing! Crispix/Corn Chex/Rice Chex, any combination is fine. I baked this in the oven for 30 min at 225, stirring twice during baking. Since I used a large 1/2 sheet cake pan to mix this in, the metal could not go in the microwave.
- 3 cups kellogg's Crispix cereal
- 3 cups cheez-it white cheddar crackers or 3 cups cheez-it ranch crackers
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packetdry ranch dip mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix cereal, crackers and pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour seasoning mixture over cracker mixture, stirring as you pour. Mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Gently stir the mixture. Microwave on high 1 more minute.
- Spread on paper towels to dry and cool. Store in an airtight container (if there are any leftovers!).