Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is super easy with bottled salad dressing. You can mash the potatoes right in the cooking pot to save on cleanup. Goes great with a thick, juicy steak.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In large pot, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Bring to boil; cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Heat milk in same pot.
- Return potatoes to pot; add salad dressing and pepper. Mash, keeping some potato pieces chunky. Stir in chives.
I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could so I error on the side of caution. I love mashed potatoes and I love ranch so I really expected to love this recipe. I used Kraft ranch which I happen to think is good but somehow the flavor got lost somewhere and didn't come through well for me. Perhaps another bottle of ranch would have made this recipe better or cutting down on/eliminating the milk. I even toyed with the idea of using a package of ranch dressing to give it extra kick but I did not have any.
I used Renee's Buttermilk Ranch dressing. And instead of red, I used yellow potatoes, peeled. I only omit chives cause I didn't have any. But next time, I'll try to have some. Thanks Jackie. Made for 123 hit wonders
Great change up for standard mashed potatoes. I only caution that you use a high quality ranch dressing...one you would eat on a salad. My mashed potato critic DS1, approved eating 2 helpings. Made for Fall PAC2008