Recipe by Tee Lee
Cubed potatoes and onions are baked with ranch dressing mix, then topped with cheese for a quick-to-assemble side dish. This recipe is similar to one from Hidden Valley Ranch, but with a few extra ingredients added.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This is quick and easy to throw together and bake along with chicken or chops. I did leave out the green pepper (just personal taste). The cheese is nice, but these are tasty enough to go without it to cut down on the fat content. This is a winner in my book! Made for PAC Fall '07.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (not from the shaker)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a gallon zip-top storage bag, combine potatoes, onion, pepper (if using), and oil.
- Toss to coat vegetables with oil.
- Add paprika and ranch dressing mix, toss again until coated with seasonings.
- Bake in an ungreased baking pan 30-35 minutes until potatoes are browned, or cook longer for crispier potatoes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheeses, return to oven for 2-3 minutes to let cheese melt.
- Remove from oven and serve.