Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, creamy, and comforting potatoes. Will go with anything.
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cook about 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender; drain.
- Place drained potatoes into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper to taste; pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
This was very simple to make. I did mix potatoes with main ingredients before putting them in the pan and topping with the additional cheese and bacon. I had a ton of potatoes from the garden so I made up 4 13x9 pans of them. When completely cooled in fridge, I bagged up in quart-sized freezer bags and froze the rest. We just had some last night again from the freezer and they're as good as freshly made!! That makes it at least a TEN star rating. :)
This is a great potato dish! I made one change in the cooking process; I placed all the sliced potatoes in the baking dish from the start and let them cook completely in the oven (no pre-boiling), and they were done in about 40 minutes. Other than that, I stuck to the recipe as written, and we all really liked this dish. I will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, ratherbeswimmin'.
This was so good and very easy to make. I did add minced onion though. Also, I left off the bacon as we don't like bacon in casseroles. The flavor of this was wonderful and rich. I will definitely make it again and I thank you for sharing it.