Recipe by Tina Richardson
I got this from my mother-in-law , who is a SUPERB cook.I always look forward to getting recipes from her.These potatoes are ALWAYS a HUGE hit when I make them!
Top Review by Graybert
This was not at all what I would have expected! I didn't put too much ranch dressing for fear that it would consume the dish, so I lightly covered the potatoes. This was really good - different and tasty. i had my reservations but I will definitely make this again!! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 3 medium)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ranch salad dressing
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and onions together in a little water until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease casserole dish with butter or something similar.
- In casserole, place a layer (maybe an inch thick) of potatoes and onions.
- On top of that add a layer of ranch dressing, enough to coat the top of potatoes and onions.
- Next, put a layer of cheese on top of ranch.
- Repeat with another layer of potatoes and onions, then ranch, and finish with layer of cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.