Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
- 3 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar (may use distilled white vinegar, instead)
- 1⁄4 cup drained jarred roasted red pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Bring the potatoes, 1 tablespoon salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch to a boil in a big pot over high heat.
- Decrease heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes simmer, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the red peppers, cilantro, scallions, garlic, dill, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a big bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, then spread them in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk the mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a small bowl; drizzle the mustard mixture over the hot potatoes and toss until evenly coated; refrigerate the potatoes until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled potatoes to a bowl with the mayonnaise mixture; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes; serve.
- This salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.