Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe as a variation on a classic. I wanted to update the old standard with something a little different and this is what I came up with!
- 6 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (Hidden Valley suggested)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, celery, onions, parsley, peas, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and salad dressing.
- Pour dressing mixture over potato mixture and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with eggs and cover. Refrigerate for several hours.
This was ok....My family all said that there wasnt much taste to it. They claimed it was kind of bland...and there was no zing to it. I followed the recipe to a T....thanks for the recipe.
My FIL hates mayonaise and won't eat potatoe salad until I made this and assured him no mayo. I took it to a cookout to their house and what little leftovers that were left he requested I please leave with him! Thanks! :)
princesskim! OUTSTANDING!!! 10 thumbs up! (That's coming from me and my 4 kids!!!) This was so unbelievably good! So simple, and yet I was thinking, "Hey, How come I didn't think of that???" Honestly, my kids really loved it! You'll see that my pictures don't show the whole batch....That's because all of my kids along with their 2 friends (spending the night) kept "dipping into the bowl" all evening! Very, very good -- Especially the addition of the peas, I thought, made it taste special -- not like my Mom's potato salad! Thank you so much for posting this -- I'm so glad I tried it! It's a new "keeper" in my family! :)