Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Ranch flavored fluffy mashed potatoes piped into the Onion Ring shape, frozen, battered and deep fried. Perfect for dipping!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- onion ring batter frying mix
- oil (for frying)
- 1 pastry decorating bags or 1 gallon freezer ziploc bag
- Peel film at corner of Simply Potatoes package to vent and heat on high for 3 minutes in microwave.
- Completely remove film and stir.
- Microwave on high for 1 additional minute.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. Mix well. You can add more according to your taste.
- Let cool just enough to touch. You want it a bit warm. It pipes out better when it's a little warm.
- Load your piping bag with the mashed potatoes, (or Zip Lock Bag). Snip off the tip of the bag enough to have a nice size whole.
- On a wax paper lined baking sheet, pipe mashed potatoes out into an "onion ring" shape. Nice plump circles.
- Once all your rings are done, stick into freezer until firmly frozen. 30 minutes should work fine.
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350.
- Prepare your Onion Ring Batter according to the directions on the box.
- Take a few out of the freezer at a time. Work in batches keeping the others frozen until ready to batter and fry.
- Dip your potato ring into batter, shake off excess.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Note~you do not have to cook these right away. They keep frozen beautifully for future cravings.
these look delicious and I can't wait to try them
These are really good!