Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A great alternative to the humdrum potato salad.
- 6 -8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing (not dry powder)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed slightly
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Cook the potatoes until tender. I usually bake them in the oven the night before wanting to prepare this dish, but you can also boil them. Quarter the potatoes, leaving the skin on.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, ranch dressing, bacon, parsley, and the 1 cup of cheese. Toss quartered potatoes in dressing mixture and place into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Top with the 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn flakes and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
What a wonderful, decadent recipe! I made this for our Father's Day cookout and it got rave reviews. Next time I will chop the potatoes in smaller pieces, a personal preference. You won't be sorry you tried this one!