1/1 Photo of Ranch Picnic Pasta Salad
Shawn C's Note:
This recipe makes A LOT so save it for a large gathering, pot luck or cook out. It is light and refreshing and goes well with everything from burgers, steaks to grilled chicken or just eaten alone. I personally like using the lighter angel hair instead of thicker pastas. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta (break in half) or 1 (12 -16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 4 firm ripe seeded diced tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled pulp removed and diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (prepared as directed on package only using half the oil called for)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Prepare Italian dressing mix according to directions (but using about 1/2 the oil called for).
- 3Mix Ranch dressing with vinegar and oil.
- 4Drain pasta well and rinse with cold water, drain well again.
- 5Place all ingredients into large bowl and toss well.
- 6Refrigerate 12 hours.
- 7Toss before serving.
- 8**Can use 1/2 of a green, yellow, and orange bell pepper to add more color.
- 9You can add other raw hard vegetables such as julienne carrots, blanched asparagus, sliced radish, anything you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Picnic Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Italian salad dressing mix