This recipe makes A LOT so save it for a large gathering, pot luck or cook out. It is light and refreshing and goes well with everything from burgers, steaks to grilled chicken or just eaten alone. I personally like using the lighter angel hair instead of thicker pastas. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta (break in half) or 1 (12 -16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 4 firm ripe seeded diced tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled pulp removed and diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (prepared as directed on package only using half the oil called for)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare Italian dressing mix according to directions (but using about 1/2 the oil called for).
- Mix Ranch dressing with vinegar and oil.
- Drain pasta well and rinse with cold water, drain well again.
- Place all ingredients into large bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate 12 hours.
- Toss before serving.
- **Can use 1/2 of a green, yellow, and orange bell pepper to add more color.
- You can add other raw hard vegetables such as julienne carrots, blanched asparagus, sliced radish, anything you like.