Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A family "peas-ing" salad. Great for cook-outs and pot lucks.
- 16 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss peas, celery, onions, water chestnuts, bacon bits and cheese to combine.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, pepper, and dry ranch mix.
- Fold dressing into vegetables and chill.
This was excellent I added a big container of cottage cheese. Great salad. Thanks
This recipe sounds great and I will surely try it. Myself I think I will add cut up avocado to it. Yum and cut down on the cheese. This will be a grat dish for any occasion!!
omg! i cannot tell you how much i love this salad. i took it to a family lunch, everyone loved it but i was so happy when i had a little left over to take home, lol. so easy to throw together and much better than plain 'ol pea salad!