Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Summer Staple around our house. It goes great with anything grilled or with sandwiches. It's also great with cooked meat added and served as a cold meal. Prep. time does not include refrigeration.
- 453.59 g tri-color spiral pasta (or your favorite - cooked and drained according to package directions.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 63.78 g canripe black olives, drained
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, grated or diced
- 14.79 ml Bacos bacon bits
- 236.59 ml of your favorite bottled ranch dressing (I use Kraft Free Ranch)
- 14.79 ml water, add to dressing if it very thick (optional)
- fresh black pepper
- In a large container gently combine all ingredients mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, the longer it mingles the better it tastes!
Nice summer salad and great to take to cookouts. It was very easy to make. I used real bacon bits instead of Bacos and also used grape tomatoes slice in half instead of the roma tomatoes. The flavors were a little more subtle than the Ranch Bacon Pasta Salad that I usually make. Made for 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
My company loved this salad. I made it with bow tie pasta and left out the bacon and olives (personal choice) and I added cut up rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I heard words like "awesome" and "fabulous". GREAT RECIPE.
I love this salad! I add 1 or 2 TBl. Spoons of Lime Juice, halved cherries tomatoes and green olives. Very versatile.