Recipe by Greffete
This is a Summer Staple around our house. It goes great with anything grilled or with sandwiches. It's also great with cooked meat added and served as a cold meal. Prep. time does not include refrigeration.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Nice summer salad and great to take to cookouts. It was very easy to make. I used real bacon bits instead of Bacos and also used grape tomatoes slice in half instead of the roma tomatoes. The flavors were a little more subtle than the Ranch Bacon Pasta Salad that I usually make. Made for 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta (or your favorite - cooked and drained according to package directions.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canripe black olives, drained
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated or diced
- 1 tablespoon Bacos bacon bits
- 1 cup of your favorite bottled ranch dressing (I use Kraft Free Ranch)
- 1 tablespoon water, add to dressing if it very thick (optional)
- fresh black pepper