Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Summer Staple around our house. It goes great with anything grilled or with sandwiches. It's also great with cooked meat added and served as a cold meal. Prep. time does not include refrigeration.
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta (or your favorite - cooked and drained according to package directions.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canripe black olives, drained
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated or diced
- 1 tablespoon Bacos bacon bits
- 1 cup of your favorite bottled ranch dressing (I use Kraft Free Ranch)
- 1 tablespoon water, add to dressing if it very thick (optional)
- fresh black pepper
- In a large container gently combine all ingredients mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, the longer it mingles the better it tastes!
Nice summer salad and great to take to cookouts. It was very easy to make. I used real bacon bits instead of Bacos and also used grape tomatoes slice in half instead of the roma tomatoes. The flavors were a little more subtle than the Ranch Bacon Pasta Salad that I usually make. Made for 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
My company loved this salad. I made it with bow tie pasta and left out the bacon and olives (personal choice) and I added cut up rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I heard words like "awesome" and "fabulous". GREAT RECIPE.
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I got mixed reviews on this recipe. My hubby thought this was good while my 9 yr old nephew and I thought this was very good. I loved how the onion flavor really came out. I made this as directed except I used whole grain pasta. I opted to use the shredded cheddar as that's what I had on hand but I plan to try this with the chunked cheese. My salad only chilled for 30 minutes so, I felt it needs more ranch and if so I will add more tomorrow. Otherwise I plan to make this again and take to gatherings! Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine