Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray show. Rachael's multiple ways to make your own and dress up ranch dressing.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (about a palmful)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (about a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped (a small palmful)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, dill and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix in any of your favorite ingredients to make it special:
- Add 1 mashed avocado, a dash of hot sauce and a dash of lemon juice. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
- Add 1/4 cup salsa and serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
- Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and serve with chicken tenders.
- Add 1/4 cup pesto and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
- Add 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped artichokes and spinach, and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
- Add 4 to 5 slices of smoked salmon, finely chopped and serve with pumpernickel bread squares and cucumber spears or slices.