Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Meatballs can be made ahead and frozen if desired. This soup can be made very fast. I ate a sausage & shrimp soup during the holidays and I liked the taste. I love preparing comfort food. The soup freezes well., I like to purchase Ready to Cook shrimp that are shelled, tailed & devined. Serve with toasted crusty bread.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped fine
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 baby carrots, rough chopped
- 3 celery ribs, split lengthwise, thin sliced
- 20 small shrimp, shelled, devined, tails off
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Mix the first 6 ingredients well.
- Add the breadcrumbs, shallots and water chestnuts.
- Mix until distributed.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Spray Pam on baking sheet.
- Form 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place on sheet.
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with Pam.
- Cook 7 minutes each side.
- Flip over and spray flipped side.
- While the meatballs are cooking, start the broth.
- In a stockpot, add the first 6 ingredients,.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer.
- Add the shrimp carefully.
- 2 tsps. margarine.
- Remove any foam from the top of the broth.
- Drop the meatballs into the broth carefully.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls.