Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mashed potatoes flavored with Ranch Soup Mix, sour cream and bacon. I just found this recipe from Lipton Recipe Secrets, sounds delish!!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled,if desired,and cut into chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled or 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
- In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to saucepan; mash.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Excellent potato recipe Lorac. I didn't use quite the whole package of ranch dressing mix as my family is very salt sensitive. There was still plenty of flavour.I used light sour cream and 2% milk and they were still very creamy and delicious. Thanks again Lorac for another keeper.
Wonderful - family and friends give it high rating. Agree it has a stuffed potato taste - may want to heat thru before serving as the sour cream and milk cooled them right down.
These were quite delicious. They has a stuffed potato skin kind of flavor...might try adding some cheddar next time. The whole family enjoyed them and they went great along with the grilled steak that I served them with. Thanks for a different way to eat mashed potatoes :)