1/1 Photo of Ranch Macaroni Salad for Kids
An easy to make macaroni salad that your kids will eat! The key is to mince the veggies so they don't even know they are there. Of course, if your kids like their vegetables, double the dressing and go ahead and throw in some blanched broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta, about 4 oz
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters (about 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, small dice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon green onion, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon celery, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon red radish, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, about 5 to 7 minutes, until barely al dente.
- 2Drain well and put into a medium bowl.
- 3Pour vinegar over pasta and stir to combine.
- 4Let sit 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes until vinegar is absorbed and pasta has cooled.
- 5Add pepperoni and cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- 6In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, buttermilk, green onion, celery, radish, and onion, and garlic.
- 7Stir to combine.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Pour over pasta mixture and gently stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Macaroni Salad for Kids
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g