Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A new twist on an old classic. This rich macaroni and cheese is bursting and bubblying with flavor .
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Add diced shallots and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Add milk. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens. Stir in one envelope Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer macaroni into a 2 quart lightly greased casserole dish. Stir cheese mixture into macaroni.
- To make topping: Melt butter in a 1 quart saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in 1 envelope Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle topping over macaroni. Bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Yield: 8 servings.