1/1 Photo of Ranch House Salad With Pecan Vinaigrette
This comes from Southern Living. Served at Bald Eagle Ranch in Bandera, Texas. I am still cleaning out my stash and wanted to save. It sounds wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- vegetable oil
- 1Divide greens evenly onto 4 salad plates; top with cabbage and cheese. Arrange tomato wedges and avocado over greens.
- 2Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a skillet and heat to 350 degrees. Fry tortilla strips in hot oil until crisp, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- 3Drizzle salads with Pecan Vinaigrette and top with tortilla strips.
- 4For dressing, process first 5 ingredients and if desired, sherry, in a blender until smooth. Turn blender on high and add olive oil gradually in a slow, steady stream until thickened. Stir in the pecans.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch House Salad With Pecan Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.5
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 467.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
white wine vinegar