Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This comes from Southern Living. Served at Bald Eagle Ranch in Bandera, Texas. I am still cleaning out my stash and wanted to save. It sounds wonderful.
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide greens evenly onto 4 salad plates; top with cabbage and cheese. Arrange tomato wedges and avocado over greens.
- Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a skillet and heat to 350 degrees. Fry tortilla strips in hot oil until crisp, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle salads with Pecan Vinaigrette and top with tortilla strips.
- For dressing, process first 5 ingredients and if desired, sherry, in a blender until smooth. Turn blender on high and add olive oil gradually in a slow, steady stream until thickened. Stir in the pecans.