This is a hugely popular slow cooker recipe originating on Picky Palate's blog. By many who have made this, it's been suggested to add 2 cans of soup for additional gravy, but do NOT increase the Ranch Dressing Seasoning for it will become too intensely flavored. Many recipes are out there for roasting garlic. I simply put the cloves in a square of foil, drizzle with olive oil, seal and bake in a toaster oven for about 20 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
For the potatoes
- 4 lbs peeled cubed potatoes
- 5 tablespoons real butter
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours. (This may take less time than allowed. Check prior to end time so as not to overcook.).
- Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consitency.
- Serve chops with gravy over the parmesan potatoes.