Recipe by AllergyGirl
This is a one-pan weeknight meal that has become a staple in our household. It's paleo, and tasty to boot.
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, cut into fourths
- 4 applegate chicken apple sausages, sliced
- 4 pieces bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add olive oil to the pan along with the spices. Then toss in your brussel sprouts.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the brussel sprouts and let them sit for a couple minutes until they begin to burn just a bit.
- Use a spoon or a flip of your wrist to turn the brussel sprouts over to cook on the other side.
- Once the brussel sprouts have been flipped, add in a few tablespoons of water and cover the pan with a lid. Keep an eye on them, being sure to move them around once more so the little guys don't stick to the pan.
- While the brussel sprouts finish cooking, add a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add your diced bacon to the pan. As soon as the fat begins to render out into the pan, add the sliced chicken sausage. Stir somewhat regularly for about 7 minutes.
- When your brussel sprouts are soft enough to stick a fork through, remove from heat, salt and pepper once more, then place in bowl.
- Top with your cooked bacon and sausage.