Prep 17 mins
Cook 35 mins
Butter-flavored crackers make a delicious crust for this Ranch dressing-style quiche. Go easy on dressing mix or pie will be too salty! Prep time doesn't include cooling pie shell. With my modifications, from America's Favorite Casseroles.
- 2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (like Ritz)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (I use Half & Half)
- 0.25 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (up to 1/2 pkg.)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into 10" pie pan or quiche dish.
- Bake until golden about 7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- INCREASE oven temp to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cheese over cooled pie crust.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; add cream, salad dressing mix, bacon, and onions.
- Pour mixture over cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes; REDUCE OVEN HEAT to 350 degrees F.
- Continue baking until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before slicing.
VERY GOOD! It's like something I've never had before. I've had other quiches but this was awesome! I omitted the bacon to make the recipe cheaper and healthier. I also substituted the onion for garlic powder. YUM!!!
Very very tasty mid week meal - also could be good served at room temp with salad. i like it because it is a firm type of frittata not one of those airy ones that falls apart. We don't have ranch dressing mix in Australia so I added salt and pepper and a diced green pepper with a great result.
LOVED the crust Caro, and we also LOVED the addition of the Ranch dressing as a seasoning in this easy to make tart! I used Ritz crackers and Emmanthal cheese - everything else was exactly as stated. My four VERY LITTLE eggs did not make the filling rise as high as it should have risen, but that did NOT detract from the flavour! (Plus, my pie tin was 12" and not 10" - so this was wide and shallow.) Made for LIVESTRONG and the May Floral Event, both in the Photos Forum, and made for YOU, my little Arkansas Rose! FT:-)