Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Butter-flavored crackers make a delicious crust for this Ranch dressing-style quiche. Go easy on dressing mix or pie will be too salty! Prep time doesn't include cooling pie shell. With my modifications, from America's Favorite Casseroles.
Top Review by BeanieJ
VERY GOOD! It's like something I've never had before. I've had other quiches but this was awesome! I omitted the bacon to make the recipe cheaper and healthier. I also substituted the onion for garlic powder. YUM!!!
- 2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (like Ritz)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (I use Half & Half)
- 0.25 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (up to 1/2 pkg.)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into 10" pie pan or quiche dish.
- Bake until golden about 7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- INCREASE oven temp to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cheese over cooled pie crust.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; add cream, salad dressing mix, bacon, and onions.
- Pour mixture over cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes; REDUCE OVEN HEAT to 350 degrees F.
- Continue baking until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before slicing.