1/2 Photos of Ranch Dusted Shrimp on Crisped Cheese Shells #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe is a combination of about 4 different dishes. It combines crunchy ranch fried shrimp, creamy chive ranch sauce, avocados and shallots all together on a taco shell made completely out of crispy provolone cheese. Wowza, this is a must try recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 32 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined or 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 16 slices round provolone cheese (ultra thin slices)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 avocados, sliced lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- taco sauce, for serving (optional)
- 1In a bowl combine 1 tablespoon of dip mix, greek yogurt, minced chives, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Dry shrimp with paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining dip mix. Put the beaten egg and bread crumbs mixture in separate bowls. Dip the shrimp in the egg, then dredge in the bread crumbs; transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile lay 2 provolone cheese slices on a piece of parchment paper, overlapping by half. Microwave for approximately 55 seconds. They will look bubbly and browned when done. Remove from microwave and using the parchment paper fold up the cheese to form a flat bottom taco shell. Hold this shape for about 5 seconds, set aside, whipe any oil from parchment paper and continue forming 7 more shells using remaining cheese slices.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Fry shrimp in batches, until browned and crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to baking sheet. When all shrimp have been fried, transfer them to the oven and bake until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 5To assemble your tacos. Place a little dip sauce on bottom of cheese shell. Arrange 4 shrimp, 1/8 of the avocado slices, some chopped shallots, drizzle with dip sauce and garnish with cilantro and optional taco sauce.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Dusted Shrimp on Crisped Cheese Shells #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.8
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 1373.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix