Recipe by quick meal
This is from TOH. Its great because you can mix the dry ingredients and keep in a cool dry place in ziploc bags. All you have to do later is to add the ingredients for the other dressings and enjoy. I suggest refrigerating at least 24 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend. The base mix yields 3 cups of mix. This divides into 4 portions to use at any point. Each portion makes 6 batches of salad dressing.
Top Review by Jockey
Never gone wrong with a TOH recipe and I enjoy salads at a minimum of 3 days a week. Always then trying new salad dressing recipes. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix is one of my favorites. I usually by the big container at Sams so I pretty much know what it should taste like. When I forgot it last shopping I thought it would be a great time to try this. What a disappointment. Taste nothing like Ranch, more of a dill type base salad dressing with a chalky cracker after taste. Not only that but the consistency is not right, very very thin. The only change I made was to half the recipe and I had all the ingredients on hand. Possibly I went wrong somewhere but I don't think so. My suggestion to you is if you are going to try it, cut it WAY down. Either that or email me, I will send you part of mine! I will be trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the dry mix due to this costly mistake.
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed saltine
- 1⁄2 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- BASE MIX: In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Divide into 4 portions; store in containers or bags in a cool dry place.
- RANCH DRESSING: In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons mix with mayo and buttermilk. Refrigerate until serving. Serve as is, or use to make one of the following great dressings.
- THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING: Add chili sauce and pickle relish to 1 cup prepared Ranch dressing.
- CUCUMBER RANCH DRESSING: Add cucumber and celery seed to 1 cup prepared Ranch Dressing.