Recipe by Dee514
Recipe comes from http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/RanchDressingMix.htm. This recipe makes about 6 Tablespoons of dry mix. Cooking Time = Minimum Chilling Time NOTE: You can usually find buttermilk powder in the baking aisle of large supermarkets. Keep in mind that the milk and mayonnaise add sodium to the final dressing. Depending on how low in sodium the buttermilk powder you can find is, you may be better off leaving out the buttermilk powder and using fresh buttermilk instead of whole milk when mixing the dressing. I have added it here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup dry buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process on high speed until well blended and powdery smooth.
- To use mix:.
- Combine 2 Tablespoon dry mix with 1 cup whole milk (or fresh buttermilk) and 1 cup Light Mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to let flavors meld.
- Recipe yields about 6 Tablespoons of dry mix; OR about 6 cups of dressing (when mixed with milk and mayonnaise).