Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is adapted from a Low Salt Favorites recipe. (sodium per 2 tablespoons =39mg) This is a low sodium recipe, however the website's software will not allow me to choose that option. Cook Time = Minimum Chilling Time (24 hrs is better)
- 158.51 ml no-salt-added buttermilk (not powdered)
- 29.58 ml light mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml light sour cream (your favorite brand)
- 14.79 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml finely minced garlic
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml celery seed
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml dried thyme or 0.25 ml dill weed
- Mix all ingredients together well, and refrigerate until well chilled (at least 1 hour). If you can chill it for 24 hours before using it, the flavors will have longer to meld.
More like ranch flavored water.no creamy texture at all.
I made this last night for dinner tonight. I love the ease of making and the fact I had all ingredients on hand. Personally, I found the teaspoon of mustard to be too much-I would drastically reduce it, or swap it for a mild, tany dijon mustard next time I make this.