Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Once you make this simple dressing you will never buy another bottle of the stuff. This is far superior even to the name brand. From hillbillyhousewife.com. I always use buttermilk but yogurt is ok too.
- Get out a medium sized bowl.
- Measure the mayonnaise into it.
- Gradually whisk in the buttermilk or yogurt.
- If you use powdered buttermilk, whisk in the powder first, and then slowly add a cup of water.
- Then add the seasonings. Whisk again.
- Or you can make it in the blender by putting everything into the blender and whirling until smooth.
- The mixture will be a little thin, but it will thicken on standing. Store in a pint size jar, makes 2-cups.
- Keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks. Tastes really good with yogurt by the way. This is my favorite way of making it. It tastes good with powdered buttermilk too, but the consistency is thinner than with yogurt.
- Note: If desired, you may add a tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese and/or a tablespoon of lemon juice to the dressing in addition to the seasonings above.
making skinny broccoli salad, and was out of ranch dressing. so glad I found this! it is wonderful, and I will use it from now on.
I love your ranch dressing. I used Miracle Whip and Greek Yogurt and I give it five stars Thank You!
Very good, four stars. I made as recommended but per other recipes I had reduced the mayonnaise by 1/4 cup and increased the buttermilk same. You can also add or substitute cayenne, minced or pressed garlic, minced green onions or sour cream. Let it sit a bit for the flavors to meld. Thanks for posting!