Chef #429816's Note:
Once you make this simple dressing you will never buy another bottle of the stuff. This is far superior even to the name brand. From hillbillyhousewife.com. I always use buttermilk but yogurt is ok too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Get out a medium sized bowl.
- 2Measure the mayonnaise into it.
- 3Gradually whisk in the buttermilk or yogurt.
- 4If you use powdered buttermilk, whisk in the powder first, and then slowly add a cup of water.
- 5Then add the seasonings. Whisk again.
- 6Or you can make it in the blender by putting everything into the blender and whirling until smooth.
- 7The mixture will be a little thin, but it will thicken on standing. Store in a pint size jar, makes 2-cups.
- 8Keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks. Tastes really good with yogurt by the way. This is my favorite way of making it. It tastes good with powdered buttermilk too, but the consistency is thinner than with yogurt.
- 9Note: If desired, you may add a tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese and/or a tablespoon of lemon juice to the dressing in addition to the seasonings above.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Dressing from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g