1/3 Photos of Ranch Dressing
Texas Barby's Note:
Merging several other recipes won me this rich dressing to serve with salad, veggie tray, or fried okra. Triple the herb mix and store the excess with your other spices. Use it for croutons, soups, and steamed veggies. Change-ups: Add 1 smashed chipotle pepper and the adobo sauce that clings to it to 1 cup of dressing. Great with Fish Tacos. OR Add 1 smashed avocado doused with lime juice to 1 cup of dressing. Great with anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
mixed herb (Makes 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons msg
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, crushed between your palms
Dressing (use 2 tablespoons of mixed herbs)
- 1Herb Mix:.
- 2Crush parsley flakes between your palms until they are the consistency of powder.
- 3Add all other herb mix ingredients and blend well.
- 4Store herb mix in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to 3 months. [Mine never lasts that long.].
- 6Combine all ingredients and whip with a wire whisk.
- 7Refrigerate for several hours before serving so that flavors can meld.
- 8Allow dressing to sit out while you set-up the table. The full flavor develops better when the dressing is not refrigerator-cold.
- 9HOWEVER, remember that you are dealing with dairy products. Refrigerate dressing as soon as the salad course is over.
- 10Discard unused dressing according to expiration dates on your dairy products.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: