Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, quick ranch-style dressing posted per a request. (If you prefer a thick Style dressing or for use on baked potatoes, substitute sour cream for all or part of the buttermilk).
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 -3 pinches salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- black pepper
- Mash together the garlic cloves and salt until a paste is formed.
- Remove to a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add and whisk together buttermilk, lime juice, cilantro or parsley and chives until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Very good! I mashed the garlic and salt with the back of a spoon. Used 3 T lime juice, and fresh cilantro. Will make this a staple in our house, why buy?
It took a lot to find the buttermilk, but it was worth it! The first time I've ever tried Ranch Dressing, and I'm hooked. It had a sort of Asian twist with the lime, garlic and coriander, and they are some of my favourite flavours. Thanks 1Steve again.
Great recipe! They don't have ranch dressing here in Australia so I have to order it over the net and pay $6.59 plus postage! Now I can use this easy recipe and voila! Thanxxxx!