Recipe by Steve P.
Simple, quick ranch-style dressing posted per a request. (If you prefer a thick Style dressing or for use on baked potatoes, substitute sour cream for all or part of the buttermilk).
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 -3 pinches salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash together the garlic cloves and salt until a paste is formed.
- Remove to a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add and whisk together buttermilk, lime juice, cilantro or parsley and chives until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.