Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My wife dislikes bottled ranch dressings because they tend to be too thick and gooey, so I decided to make my own. This keeps in the fridge for weeks. T=You can adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (dried)
- I use a rasp to puree the garlic, but you can use a garlic press.
- Mix all ingredients and chill in the refrigerator before use.
- The flavour improves with time.
WOW! This in going in my keeper file for sure. I used 2 TBS. of lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, and recipe#355060 for the the Italiam herbs. Do let these flavors meld for a couple of hours, even overnight, before using. This is not your ordinary Hidden Valley Ranch, this is better! Thank you for sharing, I made this for the Spring Pick A Chef 09.
I love dressings with ingredients you toss into a jar and shake!! Sure beats all the bought stuff out there. This was great on a green salad.
Ummm. I like the flavor of this dressing. I'm embarrassed to say that I would prefer it thicker. I do realize that this is not supposed to be thick. I had expected to like it, but it's just a bit too thin for me. Thank you for helping me define my preferences.