Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mix can be stored for up to 12 months and added to additional ingredients to make homemade Ranch dip or dressing. It beats bottles and jars anyday!
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 12 months.
- Follow directions below to make dip or dressing.
- For Dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tbl of dry mix with 1 cup of dairy sour cream.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Makes 1 cup of dip for chips or veggies.
- For Dressing: Mix 1 cup of mayo with 1 cup of buttermilk and add 1 tbl of dry mix.
- Shake or whisk to combine well and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 cups of salad dressing.
This is a fantastic recipe for ranch dressing. It's a snap to mix and gives a body several batches for future use. Great idea, Karen. Thanks bunches for posting. I sure don't need to buy commercial packets anymore. Laudee C.
I made the mistake of thinking I had a packet in the pantry when I didn't. I had all these things on hand, so this was definitely easy and a money-saver. I didn't use this in a dip/dressing yet, but used in another recipe that called for the ranch packet. I will update later with the results. UPDATE: I've made dip with this several times and I am so excited that I found it! It is so much more economical than buying packets and is so easy since these are pantry staples for us. Will continue to use over & over!
Taste-tested and teen approved! Needed an extra dip for our Christmas munchie table and I remembered I had this saved. Whipped it up in no time. Teenage DD was the first to try and dubbed the dip "amazing". There you have it. P.S. I added the dill as suggested by other reviewers and only used 2 tsp of the paprika. Thanks for posting!