Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another Pinterest favorite
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, not margarine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (directions are below)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
- Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve.
- Roasted Garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves.