Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My aunt gave me this recipe, and it is absolutely wonderful! Everyone has enjoyed them. They are great with a salad.
- 1 lb unsalted saltine crackers
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- Mix canola oil and dressing mix together.
- In a large bowl, pour oil and dressing mix over the crackers and stir until well coated.
- Transfer crackers to an air-tight container.
- (I use a ziplock bag.).
Great recipe! Try using the spicy ranch packets... they are great! We make them all the time! Also, at a minimum use one cup of oil with one pound of salltine crackers. If you like a "zingier" taste use an additional packet of ranch. Don't be scared a cup of oil sound like a lot, but it makes the crackers just perfect.
I made these with Ritz crackers and 1/2 cup oil, and it turned out pretty good. I really like the ranch flavor, but the oil is alittle scarey. I couldn't imagine using 1 cup of oil.