Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Enjoy with your summer BBQ! Cooking time is assuming you prep ahead and refrigerate.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, partially thawed
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, chopped (you decide how much heat!)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 -3 chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or colby/jack, etc.)
- 1 cup bottled ranch dressing (more or less, according to your taste)
- Combine all the veggies.
- Add the dressing, just enough to coat the vegetables well.
- Gently stir in the cheese and bacon.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Loved this salad. Seemed like a weird combination of ingredients but it really worked. I used poblano peppers instead of jalapenos and it made it nice and peppery without being too spicy.
Our family just loved this salad, even my ranch hating husband! I used thai chili peppers because that is what i had on hand and real bacon bits instead of bacon and I used made from package buttermilk ranch dressing. It was goooood, thank you!
Fantastic salad, just perfect for the hot summer days. I was very sparing with the jalapeno, used about six sliced ones, but chopped them up. Only change I used sliced black olives, I like them better than the chopped ones. Thanks for a great recipe!