I never thought I would be tempted by a "quick fix" clam chowder recipe, but Hidden Valleys Ranch Dressing version is headed for my Zaar cookbook!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, undrained
- chopped parsley
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is soft but not browned.
- Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauceand cook until mushrooms are soft and pan juices have almost evaporated.
- n medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, potato soup, wine and salad dressing mix until smooth.
- Drain clam liquid into dressing mixture; stir into mushrooms in pan.
- Cook, uncovered, until soup is heated through but not boiling.
- Add clams to soup; cook until heated through.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.