1/3 Photos of Ranch Clam Chowder
I never thought I would be tempted by a "quick fix" clam chowder recipe, but Hidden Valleys Ranch Dressing version is headed for my Zaar cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, undrained
- chopped parsley
- 1In 3-quart saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is soft but not browned.
- 2Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauceand cook until mushrooms are soft and pan juices have almost evaporated.
- 3n medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, potato soup, wine and salad dressing mix until smooth.
- 4Drain clam liquid into dressing mixture; stir into mushrooms in pan.
- 5Cook, uncovered, until soup is heated through but not boiling.
- 6Add clams to soup; cook until heated through.
- 7Garnish each serving with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 677.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix