Recipe by Shawn C
For years I have loved Ranch anything and finally came up with this recipe for a different appetizer wing, children and adults alike eat them up in no time! I always come home with a empty bowl when taken to potlucks!
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
These were great. I marinated them overnight. No need to put under broiler. They crisped up nicely baking. I served them with ribs and stuffed potatoes and they were thorougly enjoyed.
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 3 (1 ounce) packets ranch dressing mix
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add dressing mix and vinegar and oil in large bowl also add hot sauce to taste (a little if you like mild, little more for medium and a lot if you like hot. Start with 1 tablespoon and next time add more if you want!).
- Whisk together with a wire whisk, adding enough water to make a thinner mixture (your first mixture will be very thick and you want it thin enough to coat the chicken).
- Toss chicken in the mixture (for best results marinate overnight).
- When ready to cook lay in a single layer on a foil lined pan (deep enough to keep drippings in the pan) Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, turn over (drain drippings into a saucepan) and baste with some more sauce, bake at 425° for 25 minutes (you may need to put them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown them up a little).
- Remove chicken to serving platter stacking them in the center of the platter.
- In small saucepan mix remaining sauce and all the drippings from the pan; boil whisking the mixture the whole time until cooked through and thickened.
- Drizzle over chicken and serve immediately.