Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
For years I have loved Ranch anything and finally came up with this recipe for a different appetizer wing, children and adults alike eat them up in no time! I always come home with a empty bowl when taken to potlucks!
- Add dressing mix and vinegar and oil in large bowl also add hot sauce to taste (a little if you like mild, little more for medium and a lot if you like hot. Start with 1 tablespoon and next time add more if you want!).
- Whisk together with a wire whisk, adding enough water to make a thinner mixture (your first mixture will be very thick and you want it thin enough to coat the chicken).
- Toss chicken in the mixture (for best results marinate overnight).
- When ready to cook lay in a single layer on a foil lined pan (deep enough to keep drippings in the pan) Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, turn over (drain drippings into a saucepan) and baste with some more sauce, bake at 425° for 25 minutes (you may need to put them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown them up a little).
- Remove chicken to serving platter stacking them in the center of the platter.
- In small saucepan mix remaining sauce and all the drippings from the pan; boil whisking the mixture the whole time until cooked through and thickened.
- Drizzle over chicken and serve immediately.
These were great. I marinated them overnight. No need to put under broiler. They crisped up nicely baking. I served them with ribs and stuffed potatoes and they were thorougly enjoyed.
These are pretty good,everyone liked them.Thanks
I had to make some adjustments, but this is a fantastic recipe. I only had 2 of the regular ranch mixes, and one 'fiesta ranch' mix. The addition of the fiesta ranch gave it a nice color and a little southwest flavor. I was out of red wine vinegar, but used malt vinegar. I also added a couple cloves of minced garlic and some mesquite seasoning, along with a generous portion of Tabasco. The sauce was incredible, and the wings were the best we ever had. I will definitely make this again, next time will try the recipe 'straight'.